Frequently Asked Questions

Event Booking Frequently Asked Questions

Barnet CEPN co-ordiantes continuiting professional development (CPD) sessions for GPs, Nurses and Health Care Support Workers in GP surgeries, pharmacies and in care homes, who work in Barnet.


Which education providers do you work with?

The University of Hertfordshire
Contact: for courses
or for modules

London Southbank University

Middlesex University

Kings College London
Website: You can find details of application forms and processes on links to the left. You can also type in a key term into this website to find out more


Is there parking at the event venues?

There is no parking at Middlesex University Hendon campus. There are pay and display parking facilities at the University of Hertfordshire. For all other locations, please contact the venue directly.


What should I do if I have additional needs?

Please email with the details of your requirements, which we will try and accommodate.


I have a question about a session held at a University. Who should I contact?

It is usually the case that all information the CEPN have about an event is listed on Eventbrite. If you require further information, please contact the universities directly, using the above email addresses.

Further information may be found on the university websites.


If I find a course at a higher education provider not listed above, will the CEPN fund my attendance?
Please send an expression of interest to


If I find a course at a different university or education provider, will the CEPN fund my attendance?
Please send an expression of interest to All requests will be individually assessed to ensure that the course being requested is of a high standard.


I am not currently practicing as health care professional, but I live in Barnet. Can I attend CEPN events?

No. Unfortunately, we are only funded to provide training for those who are currently working in Barnet Primary Care.


Can I attend a CEPN event if I don’t live in Barnet? 

No. These events are intended for those working in the health and social care community in Barnet. It may be the case that you can privately fund your attendance. If you wish to find out more, please contact the universities directly. Their contact details can be found below.


I want to attend a session for HCSWs, but I don’t work as an HCSW. Can I still attend?

This will depend on the course and your profession. It may be the case that there are more appropriate sessions for you to attend.


I have left my current job but continue to practice in Barnet. Can I continue to attend CEPN events?

Yes, but please make sure your line manager is aware of your attendance.

If you now work in another area, you can no longer attend Barnet CEPN events, and must cancel your bookings.


What should I do if I need to cancel a booking?

Please contact as soon as you know you will not be able to attend. Although sickness is unavoidable, without enough notice, the CEPN will still be charged for this place. There may be other people on the waiting list who could take your place.

What happens if I do not attend a session without cancelling in advance?

Any non attendance will be investigated and may incur a fee.